Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music to my floppy ears

I have an unusually busy week this week because I'm leaving on Monday for Atlanta to audition for American Idol. It's just for the experience. I've wanted to do it since the show began, but never really could or was too afraid of rejection. Anyway, I don't want to look back and wonder "what if".

I just got this order on Tuesday evening for 2 carved cakes. They were pretty ambitious on my part. I think I pulled them off, though. I had an order for a guitar cake and a cake that looked like a favorite stuffed animal. Here they are. The guitar has more pics because I was so focused on the animal I forgot to take pics until the end.

The carved body of the guitar

The tuning keys and other "nubbies"

The finished neck

The finished guitar

The stuffed puppy all done

Well, I have to go to bed now. Thanks everyone for looking at these blog posts. Please let people know about my blog and about my cakes. I'm really hoping to get enough business here to be able to open up my own bakery one of these days. Thanks for spreading the word.

Until next time!

1 comment: