Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cupcake pops!!

Okay, it's been such a long time since my last post. I know that all 5 of you have been anxiously awaiting my new post, so here it is.

I have done cake balls before, but they didn't ever turn out well. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I think I was adding liquid instead of just icing. Then I saw Bakerella's blog and how she did such cute things with cake balls. So I started practicing and I think i have it down. Cake balls are just baked cake and icing mixed up then formed into balls and chilled. It's really easy and they are super yummy. Okay, so here we go...

I started out with chilled cake/icing mixture. Formed them into a small star cutter I have and made my "cupcake". I chilled them again while I got my stuff ready to dip them in. I dipped the bottom first then the top. I then put on an M&M then sprinkled little sprinkles on them. Stuck them in the floral foam to dry and then wrapped them. I made some for a fundraiser for church this past Sunday, but forgot to take pictures of the process, so I had to make some more. Oh, well, I'm sure they'll get eaten.

2 comments:

  1. THESE are CUTE!!! I made some once, not as cute as those though;)
    but they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a loser.... I don't have your contact info.... I have a new computer so I don't have my old emails and it was with one of them. I have a friend who is wanting to maybe have you do a cake for her... could you shoot me an email with your info;)
    wallace0302@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete